Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Neglectful Blogger

Somehow, I figured this is how this blog would end up - neglected.  I have lots of thoughts, lots of randomness.  I just rarely have the motivation to organize those thoughts and all that randomness into something coherent enough for someone else to read.  Or, for that matter, for me to go back and read months later when I remember I have a blog. 

Also, I tend to have these long, drawn out thoughts in my head when I'm no where near my computer to blog.  That's an issue too.  For instance, my mind likes to wander when I drive.  I cannot even begin to tell you how many times I've decided, okay, I want to listen to this whole song.  Let's listen to the lyrics and find out what this song is all about.  By the time I remember I was listening to the lyrics of the song, the song is well over, and I've arrived at my destination.  I'll do this with a particular song for weeks before I actually hear the lyrics of the song. 

And away went the thoughts again.  I can't always control them.  The issue here, though, is that now my thoughts can come out of my fingers, onto a blog, and into your, the reader's, brain.  For that, I'm truly sorry.  No one should be asked to keep up with my racing mind.  Why people choose to do it, I don't know.  My fiance, for example.  For some reason, he'll sit and listen to me ramble about all kinds of things.  My sister is another one of those people that'll sit and listen to me say weird stuff.  I wish I could come up with something at the moment, but of course, when put on the spot, an illogical explanation of a simple task will not come.  Well, I do have one in mind that I had with my fiance the other day, but it's really sort of gross, so I'll spare you the details.  Suffice it to say I took a really normal activity and found an odd way to explain it. 

So, back to reality with me.  I have to get in a wedding dress in a little less than 4 months.  And wear it ALL DAY.  I have a dress; it's in my dad's closet.  It fit me when we bought it - in August.  I'm not sure it will now.  Thank you, back injury and steroid treatments.  I've definitely gained weight since we bought the dress.  I have a fitting in about 2 weeks, and it'll be interesting to see how it fits my somewhat larger body now.  I'm not happy with my weight at the moment, so I'm working on it.   Well, half-assed working on it, anyway.  I've met a new website, www.skinnytaste.com.  The recipes here are low fat and low calorie, but very, very good.  Even my fiance likes them, and he was really leery when I told him it was time to take control of how much crap we are putting in our bodies.  I figure, though, low calorie won't be so hard if I actually like what I'm eating.  Tonight, for instance, I had cuban pork that I made in the crock pot.  It was freaking amazing; bonus points for it being low calorie. 

I need to get back on that evil elliptical.  I'm still certain it wants to kill me.  Since putting a tv and dvd player in the office with the elliptical, I've been on the elliptical a grand total of once.  I was really hoping the tv would distract me from the pain the elliptical was inflicting on my body.  Not so.  I'm not sure anything could distract me from that.  I've got to find a work out routine that I actually enjoy.   We have a dancing game for the Kinect, but I haven't tried it yet.  Clearly, I'm going to lose lots of weight by watching the game sit on the shelf.  So far, all I've lost is another spot to dust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment