Thursday, November 17, 2011

Nightmares can be fun

I got to thinking earlier this evening, and I cannot tell you where the thought came from, other than out of thin air.  I think one of the best feelings in the world is when you wake up from a nightmare and realize it's not real.  Especially those where you totally eff up your life in the dream. 

For instance (and this isn't a total effing up my life dream, but I effed something up), I had a dream once that I totaled my car, and I think it was due to drinking, as in the dream, I did not remember driving my car home.  But when I was looking at my car in the driveway, it was totally wrecked.  Like, one of the wheels was not on the car quite right, the hood was all messed up, and there wasn't much front end to look at.  The car was sitting lopsided in my driveway.  When I woke up, I started processing the dream, and really had the urge to make sure it was a dream by looking at my car through the window just to make sure it wasn't wrecked.  Then I started really thinking about it, and I remembered in the dream I drove a Dodge.  In reality, I don't drive a Dodge, I drive a Jeep.  I know they are essentially the same company, but that's not the point.  The point is, when I finally realized the dream wasn't real, it was awesome.  I can totally tear up shit in my dreams, then wake up, and it's like a clean slate.  A second chance.  Until I go back to sleep, and tear up more shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment