Thursday, June 30, 2011

Random thoughts

Y'all, it's almost lake time.  I love lake time!  Nothing can be better than water, food, family, and beer.  I'm excited.  Need to get through another half day at work, and we're off to the drunken fun! 

I read an article earlier today about fireworks and fires, and how some cities in Texas are moving their professional displays to later in the year.  Not a bad idea, given the amount of Texas that has burned this year.  Here's my issue though - the article, and I'm not even kidding about this, said that Texas' neighbor state, Arizona, was considering or they were also considering or were eliminating the professional fireworks displays.  Anyone catch the problem here?  Arizona does not touch Texas.  Anywhere.  At all.  Clearly, once again, New Mexico has been forgotten about as a state.  I find this to be ridiculous considering when I open the CNN page on my phone, the headlines always mention the Los Alamos fire.  Los Alamos.  I wonder if the media knows where that is.  Perhaps it's in Arizona.

Charles has just asked me if we can go to Chuck E. Cheese.  I think not.  This is my own personal hell.  I really think that this place was created to remind me if I don't act right in life, I will spend my afterlife in a Chuck E. Cheese.  I don't like pizza, so there's strike number one.  I don't like kids in large amounts, so there's strike number two.  And I'm certain that in my afterlife at Chuck E. Cheese, there will be no beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment